Mediterranean Shrimp Gyros
- 1 1/2 Pound peeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 4 Tbsp JOY’s Gourmet Garlic Joy with Green Olive Spread
- 2 Tbsp JOY's Mediterranean Spice Mix
- 6 Wooden skewers (12-inch)
- 4 Pita rounds or gyro rounds (8-inch)
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
Combine Garlic Olive Tapenade in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add shrimp, seal and chill 30 minutes. Soak skewers in water 30 minutes while shrimp marinates; thread shrimp onto skewers.
Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) about 1-2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Wrap each pita round in a damp cloth; microwave at HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or until soft.
Mix Yogurt and JOY's Med. Seasoning well. Spread on 1 side of each pita round. Top evenly with shrimp, cheese, tomato and cucumber; roll-up and serve.
Yield 4 servings